Whoa! So I don't even know where to begin. I've really been all over the place. Hence, the delay in this latest Weekend Toy Fun post. First off, it's official, I am returning to Hong Kong!!! That's right, the trip that started it all, will be happening again this summer. Getting everything situated for that has been a bit of a pain, and only now have I had time to post anything. In the mean time, I've squeezed in a few displays like this dope Juggernaut vs Avengers shot. Check out what else I've been up to!
So first off, let me discuss the Hong Kong trip. This time around I'm heading in with a deeper knowledge of the HKG toy scene, and I plan on bringing back tons of toys and great shots to post. My main goal is to explore the Mongkok area. I'll be retuning to the CTMA Centre, UML, Animate, Toys "R" Us Kowloon, as well as, exploring the shops at Richmond 111 and In's Point (BIG thanks to Shaun Wong for providing detailed maps and photos). I will also be updating my "Hong Kong Toy Stores" tab, after the trip.
 |
| Hoping to grow this collection during the trip. |
Since my last post,
The Avengers, came out, and I must say if you have not yet seen it...GO OUT AND WATCH IT NOW! Watch it like 10 times. Is it that awesome? YES IT IS!!! So much fun, it actually prevented me from posting, because at one point I was more preoccupied with getting tickets than anything else. The weekend it came out, was also Free Comic Book Day.
I managed to make it out to Midtown Comics that day, but was too late to snag the free stuff. Fortunately, I made my way downtown, and managed to save the day. I stopped by one of my favorite shops, Toy Tokyo (91 Second Ave). If you visit only one toy shop while in NYC, this has to be it! Don't let the name fool you, they have everything from Godzilla to Howdy Doody.
TOY TOKYO
From there I shot down to Chinatown, and snagged this Jazzwares Akuma. This rare find came from the unmarked shop at 32 Mott St., previously mentioned in my
Sweet Finds in Chinatown post. I coupled him with this ML Black Spidey. I'm hoping to do a Marvel vs Capcom post further down the line.
32 Mott St. Store, Chinatown NYC
I also acquired this Obitsu Body Flight Stand for cheap, that will finally let me get Iron Man in a flying pose. You can find them on Ebay. I highly recommend it.
I'm going to keep working on these animated shots, and hopefully put together a solid story soon. Until then, have fun my friends, and check in soon to scoop my next post!