Thursday, May 31, 2012

Midwest Quilts: New Toy

The Story
Recently
Midwest Quilts: New Toy
Jun 1st 2012, 00:34

Since I read that Lori got a new toy at an auction for cheap, i.e. a Singer 301, I thought I would let you all see my new toy.  I picked this machine up on FreeCycle, which is an e-mail list people post unwanted items and you can ask to pick it up. 

Its a Singer 185K, in green and cream.  Sews like a charm.  Very quiet, and is a straight stitch only machine.  These machines were made from 1958 to about 1962.  This machine was designed replace the 3/4 size Singer 99.  Brand new this machine could be had for $119.50, or you could pay $12.00 down and $1.25 a week..  Today, that $119.50 is the same as paying $950.00 and $12.00 down would be equal to $95.00, and the $1.25 a week, would be same as paying $10.00 a week.  So you were really paying for a quality machine that was made to last.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions