Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last minute stocking stuffer ideas

The Story
Recently
Last minute stocking stuffer ideas
May 31st 2012, 19:21

Disclosure: I was sent a review copy of the CD mentioned above for screening purposes. The kids and I really do like it or it wouldn&8217;t have made the list.

A few ideas for the older crew&8211; Don&8217;t forget the power of a great gift card, especially when it means a latte lover in your life can indulge at Caribou a few times (great ideaHoward!). Target now hastouch-screen glovesthat work with your touch phone/tablet, etc. I&8217;ve been trying out a pair the last week and really like them, and yes, the &8220;touch&8221; part really works! I&8217;ve seen them in a rainbow of colors and they range from $6 -10. I picked up a few pairs to give away as gifts!

features articles on parenting as a working mom, health, mily activities, cool products, my two adorable children and sometimes I even talk about marketing.

December 23, 2011 at 2:50 am[...] Last minute stocking stuffer ideas Those are super fun for kids. A chocolate Santa or a pack of gum would work well, too. (We do candy-free stockings here, no need to go through the hassle, Halloween was enough to deal with for food allergies, thank you.) Family gifts – My friend Amy mentioned she gives each . You could also personalize your stocking gift by a mix cd or give them a new album you know they&039;ve been wanting. If you live in Minnesota, check out the new MN Music 4 MN Kids . [...]

December 22, 2011 at 11:30 amMy kids get those German animals too&8230; I think I might like them more then the kids&8230;and they got the Walgreens chap stick last year. This year they are getting new crayons and sciccors. We go through a lot of crayons&8230;..

December 22, 2011 at 4:50 pmThose little animals are bulous!!! new crayons, great idea! Miss you Andrea! Sushi sushi sushi.

 Happy Holidays, friends!

December 26, 2011 at 5:22 pmEven though we&8217;rea ll grown up, my mily still exchanges stockings. They are always 1/3 treats (lara bars and fruit for me) 1/3 Necessities (tooth brushes and floss are required!) and 1/3 silly stuff like playdoh and small trinkets. Since we don&8217;t other gifts for each other, it&8217;s a fun way to exhange something thoughtful.

Nearly every Christmas morning, my Mom asks &8220;Remember that one year I gave you girls dog biscuits in your stockings?&8221; 

Last minute stocking stuffer ideas,And we all laugh. And listen to the story of how she realized Christmas Eve night that she forgot to buy stocking stuffers and ran up to the gas station, as all the stores were closed for the night. She grabbed a bunch of candy and anything that looked Christmas-y. The next morning she realized, along with the rest of us, that the cookies she thought she grabbed were actually dog biscuits. The story has become legend in our mily.

December 22, 2011 at 8:15 amOh good idea on the gift for yourself. So r my daughter and husband&8217;s stockings are overflowing&8211;the husband has socks,christian louboutin Evening candy and some of his vorite peanut snacks. My daughter has some little toys and Gerber yogurt melts, and me? Well, I have Mint Truffle Hershey&8217;s kisses&8230;which I will eat during naptime.

December 22, 2011 at 4:51 pmInteresting! My son&8217;s school did the St. Nick tradition this year and he loved it.Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Music, of course music&8211; An iTunes gift card is great if they have an iPod or other mp3 player. You could also personalize your stocking gift by a &8220;mix cd&8221; or give them a new album you know they&8217;ve been wanting. If you live in Minnesota, check out the newMN Music 4 MN Kids CDjust released last month, with proceeds going directly to Children&8217;s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. I had an opportunity to take a listen with the kids and we&8217;ve really enjoyed it. The 17 tracks are all from Minnesota musicians, including a couple of my ves, Mason Jennings and Dessa. You canpreview it here or pick it up at anyCreative Kidstuffstore in the Twin Cities.

December 22, 2011 at 4:48 pmI like how you think, JenThat&8217;s what I was thinking with those foodie gifts &8211; I wouldnormally NEVER buy something like that for myself!

Necessities&8211; Some people like to give the necessities in stockings, such as Chapstick, lotion, socks, gloves, toothbrushes&8230; and I even heard underwear! You definitely can&8217;t go wrong with these items, although I&8217;m not sure underwear is quite so much fun to receive, as say, a toy. I saw some adorable Rudolph & Clarice lip balm at Walgreens this week that would be perfect for stocking stuffers!(Thanks Theresa for the necessities idea!)

December 22, 2011 at 8:31 amThe stockings at our house are from us (Santa leaves our stocking gifts at Grandma&8217;s house). We do a stocking stuffer ideasbit of holiday candy, a pair of socks and a small toy. I usually pick something up for my own stocking &8211; this year I got some chocolate covered cherries. Thanks for the greaLast minute stocking stuffer ideast ideas! I might have to pick up that CD to listen to on our upcoming road trip

Some people put a lot of thought into stocking gifts, others simply put in a piece of fruit. Santa is responsible for filling the stockings in some milies, while parents get the credit in other milies. No matter which side of that coin you are on, somebody needs to go shopping. With the hopes no oneeverrepeats my mother&8217;s gas-station-dog-biscuit story (as funny as it is), here are some ideas for last minute stocking stuffers. Some of these ideas are my own, others come from readers over onFacebook!

Still need gift ideas? You  might find inspiration in my past gift guides for women from2009and2010.

You know, there&8217;s one area I didn&8217;t cover, and that&8217;s what do you buy YOURSELF for your stocking?Do you buy things from Santa to keep up the ntasy that he&8217;s real? I bought myself a couple of foodie gifts (ncy salts and some jarred artichokes) to drop into my stocking from Santa. What about you?

December 22, 2011 at 4:51 pmThat&8217;s a nice mix of candy christian louboutin, toys and necessities &8211; smart thinking! The CD is pretty fun &8211; not all kid-specific songs, but quite a few are very kid-focused.

href=

December 22, 2011 at 10:01 amWhile we hang up stockings, they aren&8217;t filled at Christmas. We have always celebrated the Feast of St. Nicholas on Dec. 6 and put our shoes out. St. Nick brings the kids some fruit, nuts, a little candy, and a book. Kind of the same idea as stockings, but the timing&8217;s different.

December 22, 2011 at 1:53 pmThanks for showcasing MN MUSIC 4 MN KIDS! We&8217;re thrilled you like it and have really enjoyed your tweets about the CD.

December 22, 2011 at 1:56 pmI love the idea of movie/show tickets. I do always put something in my own stocking, usually ncy snacks, coffee, shampoo. Stuff that&8217;s useful but more expensive than I usually buy.

Small Toys- I aways scope out the dollar section at Target and the stocking stuffer areas at Toys R Us and Creative Kidstuff for great ideas. Oh, speaking of Creative Kidstuff, I picked up a few more of the miniatureSchleich Animals(handpainted mini-figures) for each kiddo&8217;s stocking to add to their collection. My kids love them! This year I also picked up kid-friendly tape-measures (Toys R Us) andAngry Bird pens (Walgreens).

Candy&8211; Pez dispensers still haven&8217;t gone out of style &8211; you can find them in the candy aisle at Walgreens. I remember getting a big giant candy cane stick for Christmas and still see them around each year. Those are super fun for kids. A chocolate Santa or a pack of gum would work well, too. (We do candy-free stockings here, no need to go through the hassle, Halloween was enough to deal with for food allergies, thank you.)

December 22, 2011 at 4:50 pmAhhh, had no idea Michael&8217;s had a dollar section &8211; score! Thanks Gina!

I hope this list helps inspire you to get your stocking shopping done and maybe gave you some new ideas or inspired others. Special thanks to all of you who answered the poll on cebook. I&8217;d love to hear if there are other things you do that aren&8217;t mentioned here.

Family gifts&8211; My friendAmymentioned she gives each person a movie ticket for the mily to see together, while Kelly said her parents always included a ticket to an upcoming concert or theatre performance. That sounds amazing!

December 22, 2011 at 4:49 pmHey Cavan &8211; great to see you here. It&8217;s a fun disc for a great cause. I&8217;m all about MN artists lately, and blog about music frequently, so it was a great fit for me to review it.((nacho))

December 22, 2011 at 12:36 pmMichael&8217;s has cute $1 stuff too. My 16 month old is totally getting fruit in his stocking. Nothing will make him happier.

Cavan

December 22, 2011 at 4:52 pmMint Truffle Hershey&8217;s Kisses? HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS? (maybe Santa will bring me some??!!!)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions